Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Special Sounds Relax The Mind

No problem with sleeping at night
throughout the years.
I attribute this to getting up very early
like 4:30 to 5:00,  staying busy most of day,
Lavender and Frankincense oil sometimes
used at night
and most important meditation and prayer
at bedtime.

Lately there are times of sleeplessness
and sometimes difficult controlling the
busy mind. 

I believe this is happening because of  thoughts
of busy children and grandchildren, health, at times
mind travels back to a different time
and may just be age.

I purchased a little sound machine from Amazon
and I really like it.
The sounds of the ocean, rain, meadow are my favorites.
It seems to relax my mind and thoughts totally disappear.
These sounds are very relaxing.

A plus as it is very small, like the size of a saucer and
can run by batteries or plugged into outlet.
Also has a timer on it that stops automatically,
and was very economical.

Wish I had discovered it years ago....

3 comments:

Judy said...

I used to have one of those and loved it--perhaps I should look into another one. The ocean sounds are the ones I like the best. Hm-mm, visiting Amazon.com immediately!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, I like this little machine.
$19.00 and I always wait until I have a total of $25 for free shipping and no sales tax a plus.

Anonymous said...

Ernestine, for years I had a tape made for me by a friend of whale sounds. The tape finally stopped working. I'd love to find a CD or a machine as you've found that would give me whale sounds!