Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Golden

I keep saying the same thing.
The beauty of the woods
is breathtaking.

Everyone I come in contact with
the same words come out of my mouth
"this is the most beautiful Fall that I remember."

Wish I had more eloquent words
to describe what I see.
I can only post an image
and be so very thankful that I
have eyes to see this beauty
and a camera to capture what I see.

The clocks have been set back an hour.
 So many dark hours.

I do not feel like reading, cleaning, yoga
turning on TV or doing anything, even
my desk is piled high with paperwork.
 
Entering into these weeks
thinking of rest and an empty mind....


11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Enjoy those beautiful fall colors and resting. It sounds very peaceful to me.

Love and hugs to you,
FlowerLady

Judy said...

The tree colors this year were more vibrant then I remember. Was it from our warmer winter or hotter spring and summer? I don't know--I just enjoyed.

Lynn said...

You have had a very full week. Your journal has reflected an exhausting swing of emotions from anxiety to pure joy. Enjoy your restful reflective Sunday in your wondrous woods. They are truly beautiful.

Balisha said...

If I had that view...I would just sit and enjoy it. What a beautiful place to spend your later years in life. When we have days with not much to do...it's like a present from God. Enjoy!
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FL, Judy, Luynn and Balisha,
thank you for visiting...

Beverly said...

Since you are exactly where you want to be, then do exactly what you feel like...rest and enjoy the beauty of the woods. When your body has rested, then you can read, cook, tackle the desk.....Rest up!!!

the wild magnolia said...

I understand the "feeling" of autumn. enchanting, comforting and warm, arresting us with it's own particular beauty.

you are preparing to hibernate.

wishing you a happy blessed Sunday.

thank you, for sharing.

Hill Top Post said...

After a spring and summer of hard work, I think we all should be ready for some rest. It is a beautiful day here, a golden day as you would say, for enjoying the beautiful fall colors. Hope you are having a glorious day!

Wisewebwoman said...

I echo your sentiments so minutely it made me blink.
Rest.
Yes.
XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Bevery, Sandy, Mary and WWW -
thank you for visiting. A cold mrning is beginning...

MsGraysea said...

The first word that came to mind was luxurious....to share all that golden color, and to just be! Enjoy.