Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pleasant

A cooler and pleasant day.
Some color in the garden
still lingers after the heat and rains.
Tried sitting on the terrace and
then front porch
but
the mosquito's almost
carried me off...
I do believe the
Beatles have done all
the damage they can
and have left the woods.
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread,
places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and cheer
and give strength to the body and soul.

~~John Muir~~

6 comments:

Tabor said...

Your yard matches the prose by Muir so well.

Lynn said...

When I garden in the morning I look like a bag lady. The mosquitoes are fierce. Long cotton pants, long sleeved shirt, my wellies and a sunshade with a brim to keep sweaty hair off my face. Not fashionable, not even color coordinated. In the afternoon I like to sit and read on the porch under the fan. I clean up good as the saying goes. The terrace is totally not usable this month. Pretty to look at but just too buggy to be comfortable. It’s time will come. We are also teased by the coming season. My dark woods are untamed. Still a young man is coming tomorrow to plant a small rose garden with a birdbath in the center on a sunny corner I’ll be able to see from the sunroom. I love a room with a view. Happy weekend, Ernestine.

Hill Top Post said...

Woodhaven is such a beautiful place. It is wonderful to still have so much color in the gardens.

Sky said...

such beauty!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mary, Tabor, Sky, thank you.
Lynn, I envy your rose planting.
Discovered roses do not thrive
in this damp wooded area. Also you may not have the beatles...

the wild magnolia said...

a visit to your cottage in the woods gives me joy. the best gifts linger where you are.