Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, July 13, 2012

Broccoli Lasagna

This is a recipe that is dated January 199l.
I am always surprised when I look at the date of some of the recipes in my
collection.
They are getting older and older and I need to make an updated
file for children and grandchildren
instead of them being in a large plastic bin.
A good Winter project....

A recipe that has not been prepared in a few years
but one that was made many times  in the past.

It kept coming to  mind over the last week as I tried to
think of something that would taste good.  With the
heat and Sjogrens dry mouth it seems nothing has been tasty
plus I have not felt like cooking.

Ingredients were purchased  on my last trip to the market.
Cream of broccili soup is not something I usually keep on hand.

I prepared 1/2 the recipe and it is in the oven.
It will last me several days and the complete recipe
is good for when family visits.
Hopefully it is as tasty as in the past.

Broccoli Lasagna

2 cans of condensed cream of broccoli soup
1 - 10 ounce package of  chopped frozen broccoli
salad oil to simmer
3 carrots, thinly sliced
1 large onion
3/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
10 or 12 lasagna noodles
2 8-ounce packages shredded mozzarella cheese
1 -  15-ounce container ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese)
2 large eggs

For sauce, heat undiluted broccoli soup and frozen broccoli.
Cook thinly sliced carrots and chopped onions first  in frying pan
with a little oil and water and last add
 mushrooms and mix together
setting aside.

Prepare noodles according to package instructions until tender (do not overcook)
Beat eggs and add shredded mozzarella and ricotta cheese.

In baking dish that is slightly oiled
layer ingredients
some sauce, half the noodles,  half the cheese mixture,
all of vegetable mixture, remaining noodles, cheese and last of sauce on top.

Bake 45 minutes at 375

Looks good
hope it is tasty......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn said...

Your lasagna is beautiful. We have a change of pace tonight after a trip to the Greek market earlier this week: spinach salad with feta cheese, organic tomatoes, and Greek salad dressing from Farmer Boy Restaurant in Clearwater FL, stuffed grape leaves and two kinds of olives: green garlic olives from Santa Barbara, CA and dark kalamata’s. Whatever is left will make an excellent quiche in the morning.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn, thanks for visiting. I have never tried Greek food. Sounds good and maybe in the future it will happen...
Have a good night.

Judy said...

A lot of my recipes are full page size, so a few years ago, I typed or copied them and put them in sheet protectors in a 3-ring binder. At that size, it makes them easy to read without my glasses too.

Balisha said...

Looks like a winner. I always look for vegetarian recipes that I can make for my kids.Joe will eat them too...if there is enough substance to them. He is such a meat lover. I eat very little of the meat I prepare. I'm going to give this a try soon. Have a nice weekend.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Balisha, this is simple and tasty...My garden has gone from looking like a desert to a lush rain forest...