Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mom Is Still Amazed

I just read my daughter's blog. I shake my head and smile as I read what she wrote.

I agree totally with her and I was just as protective of her, sisters and brother.

http://blondemomblog.com./

It is just that the years when she was home with mom - she was so quiet and perfect in every way that I never saw this aggressive spark in her (and some of the vocabulary used). But - that is what your protective nature for your children does. During her childhood I was aware of her writing talent - all I can say is "she pleases her mom".

Anyway this gave me a morning smile. Read the link where she also posted something.

I can just see her out with her camera, writing about this and maybe on television!!!

Regarding - One Woman's life - it rained all night and very windy. My rocking chair on front porch is in another location. Plan a trip to the city this morning to clean on garden.

Will not stay long but something will be accomplished. With the wind, who knows - maybe all I was going to do has blown away - wishful thinking.

Also, my number one son is on American soil.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ernestine, I enjoyed your daughter's posts on both blogs about the stop sign. I used to live near one, too, and people ran it all the time. I have threatened to get cameras in the yard where I live now to see who throws trash in my yard. I live on a corner lot and recently someone must have cleaned out their car in my yard. Makes me furious. I enjoyed your picture of your screen in porch. What a lovely thing to enjoy this summer.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I think crazy drivers bring out the mama bear in us...trust me I felt like using more choice words!!! LOL :)

Love you...!

Sky said...

read her post and left her a long comment that i want you to read. i get just as furious with this kind of thing. this type of behavior can result in a totally unnecessary injury or death and is unconscionable. i loved her post about pee, too! :))

Balisha said...

Hi Ernestine...I get such a kick out of your daughter's posts. She is my #1 read everyday. I love to follow this funny lady.. while she goes through her life with all it's bumps along the way.She just writes about normal things that happen in every mom's life, but she has the talent of putting it down in a post in such an entertaining way. She brings back memories and is keeping me young.I hope that she puts her blog in book form, so that the kids can read it when they are grown.
Balisha

Cloudhands said...

I remember feeling that way. Not about traffic, but protective and ready to defend my children. Love her attitude and ability to express herself with such humor. Thanks for sharing her with us.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Balisha, Sky and Barbra, thank you for the comments on one of my productions!!!!

mermaid said...

You raised her well. AS much as I try to be patient and send kind thoughts to reckless drivers, I will lose it if I feel like my child is being threatened!

Dorothy said...

We never give up our territory of being mom it's in our blood.

Wonderful thoughts,

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mermaid and Dorothy - thank you for your comments!!