Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Good Life Continues and Sebastien



Tuesday finds One Woman in the city. So much to share. I heard from my doctor early Monday morning and she confirmed what I already knew - rheumatoid arthritis. Guess a severe attack.

A trip to fill a prescription and miracles never cease - in 4 hours I was pain free. Have felt great and like my old energetic self for 2 1/2 days. Prednesone (probably spelled wrong) anyway I take for 2 weeks. Hopefully no pain reappears and if this happens several times a year I know what to do. So I write this with a thankful heart.

I want a dog and am actively looking for a special dog that I can make a home for.

Received a call yesterday from a young neighbor about a retriever that they wanted to find a home for. Sebastien is 7 years old and absolutely beautiful. He is being kept penned up most of the time since his home is on a busy highway.

I agreed to have him brought to my home for a few hours. I would love to make a home for him

But-------he is so big - close to 100 lbs and so active. I know he will calm down after being free for a while - I am not confident I can handle him. I surely would not like to be knocked down because of his affection for me and have a broken bone!!!

So the after we become accustomed to each other would he calm down and be obedient? I am of the mind set that I need a smaller dog. But he sure is a beauty, so majestic looking. Sebastien - I am so sorry.

My close friend shared some boards from a barn that fell down in a storm. A board was nailed between two trees. My plans are to in my inexperienced way to paint Woodhaven on the boards.

I do not want a professional as I do not want it to look professional. Will see how this plays out.

It was a good visit with my little girls on the weekend.
I continue to love my country setting, plan and dream.

How can I thank all who read my thoughts and travel my journey with me? I cannot. But I can tell you that you will never know what your encouraging words means to one one.

I might add that the garden in the city stays at a spectacular peak. The country plants are surviving and from my past garden experience I know that next Spring I will have images worth sharing.

Woods cleaning continues next week. My helper Francisco and his friend continue to chop away the undergrowth.

What elegant names appear in my country life. Sebastien and Francisco - I am smiling.

Oh it is wonderful to feel GOOD!!!!!

Just received a call from my realtor and there is a showing this evening. One Woman is ready for the miracle.

Blessings to all this noon day from One Woman as she continues on her Journey


17 comments:

Tabor said...

Hurray!! Great post from you. You are wise in going for a smaller dog and perhaps one that is younger so that it will be easier to train. This fellow might just take off one day!

Cloudhands said...

There is a lilt in your writing. The words flow differently than when you were in pain. How interesting. I'm so glad that all is well and your city house is to be shown. I got all excited when I saw the picture of the dog. he is a very handsome fellow. But, if you have to look farther, I think the smaller happier match is just biding his time till you come together.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My special Tabor - thank you.
Just came in from deadheading flowers. I save the seeds from zennias and some others that I cut back. Just toss in the early Spring and whatever survives is good enough. It is so hot I feel like I almost will have a heat stroke. Again thank you dear online friend.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cloudhands, thank you for visiting.
Have a great day. It is HOT outside.

Mim said...

Hoorah let's hope for a miracle in the city house showing.
So glad the meds are working and your are feeling better.
Your place/life sounds great.

L. said...

...so glad that the meds helped you feel more yourself!

Good luck with the house showing...and, the sign!

mermaid said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Wellness is wonderful!

kenju said...

Sorry that you have RA. Be careful taking prednisone, and watch for symptoms.

I think a smaller dog would be better; one you could control if he became excited about something.

lilalia said...

It's good to hear that you are free of pain. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that the party who comes to look at your city place are enchanted and wealthy.

Sky said...

so good to hear from you and to see some of your photos again! sorry to hear you have RA. prednisone can decrease bone density in addition to the natural decrease that aging causes, so i hope the doc/you will watch this. it also causes cataracts. my doc will not use it with me more than 2 times a year, and because i know how dangerous it can be (despite the miraculous pain free body it creates!) i usually only take it once a year for an inflammatory condition i have. two of the 4 folks i know who have RA take infusions of TNF inhibitors which seems to be the miracle treatment of the moment. they are doing much better than the other 2 who had too much joint damage by the time these drugs became available to begin that regimen. hope your doc will find just the right long term treatment for you so that this disease does not progress and your joints are saved.

i can hardly wait to see next spring's photos. you are right - by then it will all look so different.

good luck with the prospective buyers of the city cottage. your new life journey is moving rapidly along - just think how much has changed in your life in 12 months!
sending you good wishes and a big hug!

Sarah Lulu said...

Good to see you posting ..the little girls look gorgeous.

I have RA too ...be careful about taking too many drugs.

MsGraysea said...

Oh, the best of luck to you with the showing. I am sure the garden will go far to delight the prospects!
What a relief to have the pain gone!
You have a doggie dilemma. My opinion is that a smaller dog would be more manageable for you. Each time I care for my boss's 2 retrievers i say it is way too much and they have knocked me down in their excitement. I am sure another lucky dog will come along to be a new little friend to you at your haven.

Judy said...

I am glad that you are feeling much better. It is so nice to feel good. The dog is beautiful but is a big one! Glad you enjoyed your granddaughter. Things seem to be good in your country setting. I have my fingers crossed on the sale of your house.

Marcie said...

I hope your wished-for miracle occurs (The sale of the city house) but even without that it seems that quiet miracles are occur all around you. A new country cottage has appeared in the woods, children play there and flowers are growing, and everywhere you look you see possibilty. I call those miracles.

I'm glad you posted. :)

hugs,
Aisling

Balisha said...

Hi,
So glad things are starting to look up for you. I can imaging how you feel...being free of pain. Don't do too much now..:) Have a nice weekend.
Balisha

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I came around and found a smiling woman on this leg of the journey. What joy!

Sebastien is a beauty, but of a frame suited to someone else, I agree. The right dog will come alongside you and you will know.

Praying for that miracle in the real estate world. Today I learned that a dear friend has miraculously escaped hip replacement surgery -- a misread MRI, so they state . . . I think otherwise. Miracles like a meteor shower -- but who's watching? Who sees them? Those who drag a lawn chair out in the wee hours and wait expectantly, that's who. I am just one of those . . . and the results have proven spectacular every time.

[S-C-R-A-P-E! goes the lawn chair, as she plops down and waits for the show.]

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My of my - look at the comments.
You "all" make me smile.
Keep them coming. Keeps me going - knowing that you are on my team!!!
Special blessings sent to each of you - wish we could gather and I would hug each of you.