Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, August 2, 2009

City on Sunday

Since grandma's day is Monday I decided to drive into the city early this morning. I will return to the country tomorrow with my granddaughter. She will spend the night with me and her other grandma will enjoy her and return her to the city.

I plan on spending the night. This is the first time I have spent the night at the city cottage in almost a month. My heart is really not on this property. I will have to say that my city flower garden is beautiful. One big mass of color.

I would not be staying tonight except for the fact that the dreaded nighttime aches and sleeplessness is still plaguing One Woman. Tomorrow I should hear from my doctor if the blood work shows anything besides "arthur."

One of my daughter's suggested the extra strength - fast acting Tylenol. I took a pill at lunch and will take two before going to bed. Hope it helps.
My doctor gave me samples of Celebrex (probably spelled wrong) which I could not tolerate.
I always take medication with food but it still upset my stomach.
Enough medical news!!!

I have been unsuccessful in taking new images of my country retreat. With all the hard work that is going on - it does not show up in pictures. I did not find the pictures pleasing enough to share. Also a beginning flower garden of a few weeks just does not come through with the beauty a year from now it will portray. You have to have a lot of imagination and One Woman has that gift. Also the birds and butterflies seem to be to quick for me to take images.
I know all of this will change and in the future I will share some images.

My area is still having so much rain. Wonder what is going on? Never remember a summer with rain almost daily over the past months.

Grass is doing well and still has some bare areas. All flowers seem to be making it but they still look kind of sad. They are alive and next Spring hopefully they all emerge in their full beauty.

I tried to take some images of the magnificent sun sets and it seemed there was too much glare in the finished pictures.

My new header is what One Woman can see as she looks out the front windows or sits on her front porch. It is a peaceful view of an old barn and the Soybean fields.

So there is not a lot to share but I wanted to check in.

One Woman on a Sunday afternoon in the city.

There is purpose and value in each day of your life, in each season of your life. Nurture your times of action, of creating, of doing, and value your quieter times of going within. The more you study nature, the more you will learn about yourself. Nurture and trust the seasons of your soul.
Melody Beattie "Journey to the Heart"

14 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Ernestine, Your view is beautiful. I hope your blood work comes back with good results. Enjoy your grandchild's visit. Hope you have a good week. I am so glad you are enjoying your new home so much!

Tabor said...

What a lovely and peaceful view to sit with your cup of tea or glass of wine and a good book or your laptop. Gardens take a long time to look good, I think. And, as gardeners, we are pretty particular. The rain, while not so good now, will be good for your plants for next year.

Balisha said...

Hi,
Peaceful view you have there. Enjoy your time with your grand daughter. Hope your tests come out OK.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Tabor and Balisha, you make me smile with your comments.
I have just come in from my jungle of a flower garden. This garden 2 years old and I have never seen such growth. Will see how my bed feels tonight. I have been sleeping on a new mattress on the frame in the country. Calling AT&T tomorrow. I want my computer set up in the country!!!

Cloudhands said...

How delightful to sit and daydream as you breath in that lovely field. I join will the ladies wishing you relief from the discomfort you are having to deal with and hope that your evenings are soon more plesant and relaxing.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cloudhands, thank you!!!

Marcie said...

I love the view from your front porch. Wonderful! I will think good thoughts for your blood test results, and look forward to seeing more pictures, when you are pleased with them. I was glad to read your update and thrilled that came by to visit me. As I said before, I'm eager for you to get internet in the country. :)

Beverly said...

So nice to hear from you. I just bet your city garden is thriving with all the rain, it should be quite happy. The country garden will be just as pretty next year....
I hope the aches lessen as you have less "hard" work with the country home....Arthur is a meanie....
When is your computer going to the country???

kenju said...

I love your new view!

MsGraysea said...

That view seems like a perfect place for meditation.
So sorry you are having the aces all over. I,too, had to give up Celebrex. 400mg Advil 2x's a day is working well. Having some PT, too.
Cannot wait to see a photo of the city garden as well as more country photos!

luckyzmom said...

A glass of warm milk with that tylnol at bedtime might help.

I probably came across your blog from a comment you made on someone elses blog. I bookmarked your blog at that time and just last week started reading your blog from the very first one. Now I'm hooked. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

I am almost as anxious for you to get hooked up to the internet in the country as you are!

Darlene said...

I am sure the muscular problems you are experiencing will lesson once your hard backbreaking work is finished and you can sit back and enjoy the peaceful area you now live in.

Like your other followers, I am looking forward to more pictures of your new home.

mermaid said...

I don't seem to be able to capture the beauty of things I see in pictures either. Still, I believe that your home must be just what you need, picture or no picture.

I hope your joints will allow you to move as you like.

Sky said...

i had to take benadryl for an allergic tape reaction following my surgery. all my sleeping woes disappeared at once. i know many docs prescribe it for sleep aid since it is non addictive and can help with sinus and allergy issues at the same time. maybe taking one before you go to sleep at night would help you sleep as long as you don't have any other condition it would work against. i loved sleeping all night long and finally getting 8 hours of sleep again after years of 4-5 max.

glad to see you again and will be happy when you are connected to the net again. things seem to be moving right along, and i am so glad you are happy in your new home.

i wonder if you are not being much more active right now than you were in the city recently, and if this is why you are having more joint pain? in any event i hope it resolves soon. i take feldene (piroxicam is the generic name) for mine, but i have to take it with food for the same reason you mention. it is an anti-inflammatory (an old one) which has always helped me. in fact, i am about to take one right now!