Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Morning

I am in the middle of reading - Thomas Merton - The Seven Storey Mountain
An Autobiography of Faith.
A few lines I underlined last night.

There is not a flower that opens, not a seed that falls into the ground, and not an ear of wheat that nods on the end of its stalk in the wind that does not preach
and proclaim the greatness and mercy of God to the whole world.


A thought this early cold morning from One Woman on her continued Journey Through Life

3 comments:

L. said...

...an especially poignant quotation on this morning after the miraculous survival of everyone on the U.S. Air flight that landed in the Hudson River.

xoxo

Judy said...

Thomas Merton is one of my sons favorite people. He has read all his books and went to the Garden of Gestheme here in Kentucky where he lived for years. My son spent the weekend there. You can go and visit for a day or spend the night. Did you know he was electrocuted by a fan?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you grammie. Judy, he is one of my son's favorite people also. I thought of visiting where he lived, yes I knew about his untimely death. Judy another common link for you and I.