Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Metamorphosis


This word was posted on Liza's Eyeview this morning. I smiled because I have had this word written down in my journal for ages. I have had so many changes in my life. Wonder what the next change will be? No changes for today as my granddaughter and I are spending the day together.
She loves to play on the porch of my garage. Garage almost looks like a guest house.
I have done this at every home. Like a mini retreat to sit on the swing on the porch and view my beginning gardens.
I am pleased we have had a break in the almost 100 degree temperatures. In the 90's today.
Hopefully I have been able to post a picture correctly for the first time without my daughter's help.

4 comments:

MsGraysea said...

What a sweet picture...and I love the idea of the garage retreat! We don't see that here very often but it is delightful. I love the idea of creating numerous small "spaces" in one's outdoor environment. We see that often in our projects.
Glad you have heat reprieve. We had one yesterday but are right back in the soup today....lots of fog, too. I am sure you enjo having your granddaughter and you did a great job with the photo!

Judy said...

Hi Ernestine, Your granddaughter is absolutely beautiful. What a pretty little girl! I woke up this morning to rain for the first time in 2 weeks. Today, it is in the low 70s down from high 90s. We needed a break here, too. How nice that you made a retreat out of your garage. That is just lovely.
Enjoy your day with your granddaughter.

Darlene said...

Caitlin is a real love. I am sure you are enjoying your day with her.

It is only 86* here in Tucson at the hottest part of the day. We had a lovely refreshing rain that cooled the desert off. I hope it lasts.

Tabor said...

I love the cozy look of things. Garages are usually so ugly in this country. Congratulations on this and your lovely garden and of course, your precious granddaughter.