Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, March 4, 2021

An Update From My Mom and Thank You!


Friends to my mom...sending you a big thank you! She wanted me to let you know she is doing OK and going home soon and that she is so thankful for your thoughts, prayers and cards. I know some of you have reached out to me. I haven't wanted to post publicly that she was not home but she will be soon.

She has been hospitalized twice since the end of October and also had (and beat) COVID just before Christmas. So she's been through a lot healthwise but her spirit and spunkiness are back to usual. COVID has also meant really restrictive rules on visitors, etc. She has many cards at the care facility she's staying at and she is so thankful for them. If you'd like to send her a card let me know and I can send you her home address. You can also send her a card to NHC Place at the Trace here in Nashville for the next two weeks (37221 zip code).

Thank you again for checking in on her! She tried to adapt to a laptop where she is staying but misses her home computer and camera. She's doing well, though, and the most active person where she is staying so she is ready to get out of there. She's doing physical therapy and I took her to get cortisone shots in her knees last month.

Stay tuned for some more updates and thank you again! She appreciates and loves all of you.

19 comments:

Rebecca said...

Many thanks for this update! 🙏

lil red hen said...

Oh yes! Thank you so much! Many prayers have been sent up for her, and they have been answered.

Mary said...

Looking forward, as I am sure she is, to having her back home and with her computer. Thanks for the update.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you so much for this update. Continued prayers for your dear Mom, may she soon be back home.

kerrdelune said...

Thank you so much for the update! So happy that your mum is going home soon. Give her our love, and tell her we are thinking of her.

Tabor said...

Thank you so much. she was on my mind yesterday and today and I was wondering how she was doing. She is a quick an active person, so she needs to be home. Pleae email me her address at eandjmcv@comcast.net

Yellow Shoes said...

Really good news. Please wish her well. x

Nan said...

Thank you SO much! And such good news. She is a truly amazing person. She inspires me.

Sharon said...

I am so glad to read this update! Thank you and please give your mom my love ~ Sharon aka owlinmaine

PatK said...

I am thrilled to read this update! Thank you for letting us know how she is doing. Give her my love and tell her I am thinking strong thoughts for her continued recovery.

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so very happy to hear this as I was so worried about dear Ernestine. I have been ill myself so understand the need for self-care and putting one's own energy where it's needed.

Brava Ernestine, you survivor you!

Long may your big jib draw. We have all missed you!

Massive hugs.

XO
WWW

Joared said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she’s coming along well and will be home soon.

Gemma's person said...

Thanks, glad to hear she is on the mend and big hugs to all of you!

MsGraysea said...

Thank you so much for this update. Our dear, Ernestine, you have come through so much, but I am very happy to hear you beat Covid, and that you are in a place which has allowed you to thrive and be safe.
I had covid in Feb 2020, an it has really never left. Keep having bouts of it. Doing OK, though. Sure hope you are home soon.
Love and happy Spring to you and your family.
Marcia

Judy said...

So happy to hear this!!!
I've been so worried.
Let us know when you home and get your hands on your own computer.
xx OO

Beverly said...

That is great news! Sending love.

kerrdelune said...

Jamie, how is your mum doing?

Gemma's person said...

Our very best wishes to your mom, hope she is home enjoying the surroundings she loves. :)

Gemma's person said...

Just checking in, hope you are enjoying your flowers, animals, and life. Take care.
We are all thinking of you . Don't forget us. :)