Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Spring Has Arrived

Took a chance and went onto deck to take an image of my Lilac bush, the scent is heavenly

Still homebound and oh how I miss driving my car.   Just driving close to get out but do not need too.

Miss family, continue writing, holding a camera, reading and my books with colored pens.

Someone asked me the other day "why do you write, what do you write"  I answered, "I have always
written in one form or another."   Always sent cards, wrote letters, a diary, journal and then the computer came into my life.  I thought  "what a strange question"   Writing has always been an
important part of my life and cannot imagine my life without it.   Now do not hold the pen and write
as arthritis stopped that.

I so want to walk on this property and cannot with a walker or cane.  When someone is with me
will walk on the blacktop drive.

Continual prayers to accept wherever I am in my timeframe of life upon this earth. 

What is happening to our world and how long will this continue?


11 comments:

Rebecca said...

How long? Longer than we want, I fear...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, thank you from my heart for your friendship.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Keep on writing! :) Your lilac bush is beautiful. You always have the most beautiful flowers. Proud of you.

Wisewebwoman said...

My mother would sing "WE'll gather Lilacs in the spring again" when the lilacs first bloomed in the spring in our home in Ireland. You could never bring the blossoms indoors as you'd have a year of bad luck following them inside. So the old saying went.

Hang in there girlie, none of us know. Stay every day where your hands are.

XO
WWW

Pienosole said...

I can almost smell them. I grew up with lilac bushes by the house and in the garden. In adulthood, when I’d often go home to visit in late May, my mother would say, “The lilacs will be blooming”. And often when I’d arrive, there would be a bouquet in a vase, white, purple... Nice memories. 💜

Tabor said...

It will continue for a year with pauses in between until we have a vaccine. BUT we are all smart and strong and can survive. We bloggers unite!!

Gemma's person said...

Lilacs are beautiful, joyful, hopeful. Nature keeps happening , enjoy all of it's forms, as you do.
Tell us what you are enjoying. That is what life is for enjoying. We can do that even in our minds. Awake or dreaming, let all that is good encompass your being, let it soothe you, let is soothe us.
I enjoy you.

Judy said...

I have always written too.
I wrote my first story when I was 12. LOL

Friko said...

While you can still see and smell the lilac you are fortunate. Things will change for us oldies too. And while you write you live.
Good luck my dear.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thankful
2 churches bringing meals
thankful

Sharon said...

I can smell your lilacs from here. Thank you for sharing~