Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, August 5, 2019

Monday Continuing

Breakfast


Protein cereal with almonds, raisins, and banana
liquid yogurt and the creamy kind
green tea, apple juice (son says no - it has sugar]

I do this once a week, cook oates a morning and  scrambled egg with a slice of bacon and toast
one morning, usually rotate.

The nurse called and coming later in the day.
I read, do research and now antibiotics are not working for me
medication given to me makes me sick for a while.  Still sick and going to stop taking it.

I get up early, always have, up and rining and then 3 hours later - crash.

So I am truly an imposter if someone reads my rambling early.

Truth at the moment
I am crying
not accepting aging as early I think of what I  cant do, will do and cannot do it as I grab my cane and
sometimes the walker.

Arthritis I do not like you could use a more explicit word but will not\
Also do not like people who lie,   Recently one who I did much for her, older than this one promised
something and did not follow through.

Arthritis attacked those before me
ane one shares "not me"
I think how I thought the same thing with all of my good habits
So I think "good luck."

I wanted to get out'
big deal
go to market
just to get out, hold onto the cart
and always see someone I know.
Buy very little and they put in the car
driving fine but tricky getting out
seems the Universe is looking out for me with blessings
as always someone passing on and hands me a cart
and then I can fly.

So, one woman
what did you think
that aging would be easy?

It is not
and all will face it, but our personalities all different as others just sit, nap and I complain.
Seems strange that my helpful son can give me answers and I smile and say you are right on target.

Mama we are not meant to  last forever and when I am at my worst and say
"maybe I am dying"
he simply replies
"Mama, we are all dying"

Now you tell me
why do I smile when he gives me these answers.

I say "bless him"

Almost lunch, no appetite and think I will make a batch of  Pimento Cheese.
Easy, I have some good Cheddar, Pimento, hot sauce and the good Mayo.
It is easy with my small processor.
A nice big tomato on hand and will toast my sandwich.

Later will finish my spaghetti
so  am all set

Thanks for listening.

7 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Love how that breakfast looks. I think you missed your true calling.

Rian said...

Hi! Just wanted to say that I like your son's comment "mama, we are all dying..." So true.
But as our aging progresses, the thought seems to become more persistent. Nothing that should be dwelt on... but there just the same. Focusing on what we can do and not on what we can no longer do helps. Little things like tea in a pretty china cup, reading a good book, petting a cat, and touching and smelling the abundance of mint in my garden. And especially reading people's blogs and sharing their thoughts and pictures!

Carolyn Marie said...

Ernestine, I love listening to you. You are like a wise older friend to me because you share so honestly both the joys and the hardships of life. The only thing any of us can predict in life is its eventual end. If we are wise we enjoy all that we can on the journey and understand that the end is what makes it so precious. Peace

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rian, thank you for visiting. Your suggestions I am doing. Sorry to sound so
down this morning, good luck with your book :)

Mindy said...

You are a gem! I, too, love your honesty. I thought of you the other day when I pushed the wheelbarrow to the garden to clean up the debris. Three loads back uphill and I was done. And I, too, cried. Because there was a day when I was hell on wheels; I could work all day long. Now my strength and stamina are waning. I don't care that the (birthday) numbers are climbing, I don't give a whit that my skin is all wrinkly or that my hair is gray, but I hate not being able to 'do'. My husband said, 'Did you think you'd stay strong forever?". That brought me up short because that's exactly what I thought. I am blessed to be in excellent health. Why shouldn't I be strong? And then last week my knee began to crunch. Hang on, we're picking up speed!

Mindy

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mindy, thank you, sorry for my downer of a post. All your doing was me 5 years ago :)

Mindy said...

Oh, my dear, it wasn't a 'downer', it's real life. I hope you continue blogging...I'm taking notes. :-)