Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Praying Mantis

I cannot take credit for this image
the fact is
last night my special helper  who arrives some evening and what would I do without her
opens the outside door and calls
come quickly with your camera
I grab cane or walker and so slow
grab the camera, open the door and say
I can't make it outside
I hand her my camera
you take the picture of the Praying Mantis
I have been watching for
so what a wonderful picture
she has 2 eyes and one ear
I read a lot of information
and she eats her male mate
after mating
no comment
my special helper of 6 months
she is the best
and I thank her for these images on my front porch
Doctor appointment
this early morning.

4 comments:

Pienosole said...

Amazing photos! Gratitude is so heart warming and feels expansive. Thank you to your helper for these photos. ������

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, praying you are feeling better. Your comments always help me:)

Marcie said...

These are wonderful photos. How great to have your helper there, and I love that she understood the need to photograph the praying mantis!

Joared said...

Wonderful photos -- these creatures have always fascinated me.