Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Posting a day early....

Look at my post written on..... October 10, 2014

I have the thought
"did I write this ?"
Guess I did
and this past year has been a little different in many ways.

Settled in
and not planning on any new projects :)
except continuing to downscale, already have flower gardens,
miss long walks in the woods alone, miss riding the tractor,
miss working in garden 1/2 day and pulling of bags of mulch from truck
and spreading, list goes on
and try to accept everything as it is
and changes in store.

But I smile as I write this
as the last year made some decisions.

I know in my heart that this is the most peaceful place
on the earth for this One Woman.
Finally arrived at "doing less" yes it just seems to happen,
thankful for so much
especially that mind is the same and can make major decisions,
body just not the same in many ways - especially energy.


My daughter from Tampa arrives tomorrow,
some of family here this weekend,
first time this one is not preparing a big meal
or setting a beautiful table.

I will contribute several things and daughter's the rest
and hey
use the good china or a paper plate - your choice.
Candles will be burning, sun shining, fire pit burning for the little girls
which are no longer little but guess grandma will always call them that.

Smiling faces I will see
with so much love in my heart and just wish my special son was here with us.

Life continues
and life is good
but will continue to be different
as time changes everything...

Notice in comments last year around this time
the ones
from
Dear Balisha.
So special and left us earlier this year
She was so good to me
with emails, comments, books and cards she sent me.
A special one that I would never have known
except through my sharing online...
Balisha
I miss you....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. I still think of her. God bless her and her family. I wonder how they are
doing. Hope this day finds you well. Have a good day :) Take care, Bobbie

Rebecca said...

Yes, life is good....but different. I KNOW your time with your family will be lovely - sounds relaxed. No pressure. Enjoy each other and celebrate the "now".

Sallysmom said...

Yesterday, I was going through blogs I had bookmarked and found hers. I went back through and read some of her posts. I suppose blogs may be how people remember others while many of us who are older have photographs to look at. The world is really different now. Have a great weekend Ernestine.

Nan said...

It's a good thing to let the younger ones do more. Good for you, and also good for them. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Tabor said...

You are amazing in your ability to realize you must adapt. Lists of what we can no longer do. I do hate the way our body sets the pace and sets the goals as we age. You want to live in the woods and you accept it means compromise. I also am slowly letting things go as my mind and body tell me it is time.

Marcie said...

Your gathering will be beautiful. Sending love and good energy in your direction.

Anvilcloud said...

What a buoyant post.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Have a wonderful weekend with family dear Ernestine.

Happy Fall ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Pienosole said...

Enjoy the joyful time together. Happy Birthday! :-)

Judy said...

I miss her too. Her comments were always so encouraging.
When I planted the seeds she had sent me, I thought of her and all summer as I watched the vine from those seeds grow. She was such a lovely woman.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thanks to all...
and
Dear Pienosole, could not eat at 5:00 went to bed
a deep sleep and woke up
with pain I can hardly stand, skin on hands, arms, feet
so red. Then it returns to normal.
What is going on
follows no pattern
may be fine rest of night
and may be up all night.
So happy my daughter
is on the way...