Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Far Over The Ocean


Christmas in Bangkok
Part of letter sent to me




Today went to visit with my friend Monk Frank at the home of Ajahn Sumano. Ajahn Sumano is a Theravadan Forest monk from the states who has written several great Dharma books and lived in this cave for 25 years meditating and writing - now he is in his 70's and lives in a hut near the entrance to the cave. Ajahn Sumano is also a student of the late Ajahn Chah - a very famous Thai forest monk and author of some incredible books which I read over and over....... Monk Frank ( also from the states ) brought his 93 yr old mother along for the afternoon of meditation and Dharma talks led by Ajahn Sumano. The 2 ladies, Pop and Por, are two of my yoga friends who came along - my language teacher June also came along. I have visited Monk Frank and Ajahn Sumano many times......today it was cool and breezy and people were burning leaves nearby so very relaxing as we sat outside under a shelter in a very rural area.......also much food was brought......

 

Special son
missing you
but when family is gathered
I always set a place for you
and visualize you there among us...

 By tomorrow will have baked 7 Rum Cakes and 6 loaves of Cranberry Orange bread.

So weary 

 Signing off...









5 comments:

Balisha said...

What interesting news you get from your dear son. I know you will miss him, but remember his last visit and keep him in your thoughts.
You should open a bakery :)
Rest now...hope you have a pain free night,
Hugs, Balisha

Judy said...

I do not like my family members to be so far away on Christmas. I wish I could still keep them close--like under my roof?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What an interesting bit of news from your son. I'm sorry you can't have him with you for Christmas physically, but you do have him in your heart and your are in his.

Wow, you've done a LOT of baking.

Love, peace and joy to you this Christmas dear Ernestine ~ FlowerLady

thewiildmagnola said...

this is one of my very favorite posts.
a very meaningful sharing for me some how.
thank you for sharing.

Merry Christmas Ernestine!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Judy, Lorraine and Sandy,
thank you dear friends.
Missing my son continually
but he is so happy and at peace
in this land far away...