Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 15, 2014

Visitor

A welcome visitor early this morning.
I remember her well almost 40 years ago
singing in the choir every Sunday Morning.
I remember her pretty young daughter
who I have never seen without a smile on her face.
She soon caught the eye of a local farmer and they were married.
She recently retired from our local newspaper
and now enjoying all the things she loves to do and
many of them represented things I enjoyed doing

I always wanted goats, she has goats and makes the most wonderful soap.
Wrote about it in the past.  Her home is surrounded by flowers, vegetables,
chickens and acres of rich farmland.

She brought me a small cantaloupe, tomatoes, some cookies she made this morning,
and 2 bars of her wonderful handmade soap
Green Tea and Ginger
and Goats Milk and Oatmeal.

http://lanasherbalsoaps.com/

Image of granddaughter of one
who gave my Jamie piano lessons
years ago
holding baby goat...


I will  share some plants with her next Spring.
Her parting words "please be careful and keep phone and cane close by"
and I do....

Weather in my area is beautiful
with cool mornings and sunny days.
Planted turnip green seeds yesterday...


14 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Company is good - expected or unexpected. It sounds like your visit was good. Hope you have really good days.

Barb said...

A visitor bearing wonderful gifts - what could be better!

thewiildmagnola said...

life is beautiful when people give the smallest kindnesses.

Tabor said...

I visited Jonsey's ranch in Colorado and must post a story on that for you. It is a cautionary tale on being careful when alone and having a phone nearby. Of course, her story happened about 100 years ago!! I would love to have a friend bring me such lovely gifts.

Wisewebwoman said...

Lovely gifts, I do love handmade soaps, Daughter brought me crops from her garden yesterday and homemade bread.

Nothing like this thoughtfulness and care, yeah?

XO
WWW

Balisha said...

I just checked out the soaps...they all sound so delicious.
Wonderful having someone stop by bearing gifts.
Hope you are feeling better.
Balisha

Pienosole said...

Good Morning. Wishing you a joyful day!

kerrdelune said...

I absolutely love goats and always wanted to have them too - real handmade goat soap is the best!

Sallysmom said...

Hope all is well with you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thanks to each of you who commented.
Did you know you have become
my support system :)

Judi said...

I cannot seem to get your current posts. I don't know what happened. Is anybody else having trouble.

Balisha said...

I had trouble too, Judi. The old post comes up.
Balisha

Judi said...

Am glad someone else is having trouble. thnx for letting me know.

Sallysmom said...

Me too - old post.