Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Shadows Have Arrived

A year ago I wrote about the January sun making beautiful early morning shadows on the walls of this cottage.
Posted some pictures.
It has started again.
 January and the sun shining in the windows
making shadows - they are beautiful
As of yet no winter
In fact - a week of 50's predicted.
I can see Spring on the horizon

"The mocking bird
opens his throat
among the thorns
for his own reason...

Your clocks, he says plainly
which are always ticking
do not have to be listened to"

~~Mary Oliver~~

11 comments:

Balisha said...

I love your shadow pictures. We were out for a drive last evening and as we drove through the farm land with the corn harvested...I could see the shadow of our car just across the road from the most beautiful beautiful sunset. I wish that I had taken my camera.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, they look so welcome in the early morning...

Sky said...

love the bottom pic. does she have a story?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, no - she just sits on an chop block I bought 35 years ago. In front of the window on deck.
I saw her in a shop about 5 years ago and fell in love with her.
Heavy metal and I put a candle inside of her. Everyone that visits comments on her. When I bought her she was the middle size.
There was one smaller and larger.
Just wanted the one....
As always thank you for commenting.

MsGraysea said...

How beautiful those shadows are, and the certainly highlight the beautiful of your lovely home.
This time of year, the sun lights up my entire desk area at work and the blowing branches cause the rays to dance across my fingers as I type. So nice. I am the only one in the office with such a perfect workspace.
Peace!

Marcie said...

Love the interplay of light and shadows in these photos, Ernestine. Gorgeous!

Beverly said...

Loved the pictures....love the glimpses of the country home....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, Aisling and Beverly,
thanks for visiting.

kerrdelune said...

How wonderfully these shadows speak in their soft voices!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Cate, thank you...

Sharon said...

I love the shadows this time of year, along with the lengthening days and a bit more light each afternoon.