Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Visitor

Not much left in my small kitchen garden
a cucumber and green pepper plant,  a few cantaloupes, little girls watermelons,
and turnip greens are emerging.
One large plant of small tomatoes has survived and
usually bares abundantly
vines are covered with green tomatoes
.Lately in the early morning when I usually
gather a handful of ripe tomatoes I notice
there are not any or maybe one or two.
The thought
something is eating them...
Just saw the culprit making a quick exit
towards the woods
a chipmunk.
A reminder to One Woman that this is
home to all the creatures of the woods.
I imagine they view her as a trespasser..

7 comments:

Balisha said...

Now I know who's been nibbling on my tomatoes...Cute picture. You share my feeling of being an intruder in my own yard, sometimes.
Balisha

the wild magnolia said...

Little chipmunk nibbling on One Woman's tomatoes. Great photo.

I'm still hoping the watermelons survive and 'am rooting for the turnips.

Happy Day.

My Grama's Soul said...

I love how you write!!!!!

Jo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Sandra and Grama's Soul, thank you for visiting...

mermaid said...

To see things through all creatures' eyes takes a special talent. I hope they appreciate the food you povide!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri - thank you always....

Cocktail Party said...

Nice....I could almost picture it:)