Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Keeping Cool


Many years ago my mother worked as manager of a small dress shop in Michigan. When the store went out of business she acquired this fan.

It was given to me about 14 years ago.

With the heat and humidity at an all time "high" - I keep it on during the day. I like the sound of the ceiling fans and this fan whirling.

8 comments:

Balisha said...

It looks like Callie is waiting for you to turn it on. Keep cool, Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

It is so hot that Callie stands at the door on the screen porch and wants to come in. She is a good girl!! Turned the fan off so I could take a picture.

Tabor said...

That fan looks really neat. Very well made and probably worth a fortune. I love the style.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, trying to figure out the age of the fan. I would say it is about 75 years old. So heavy I can hardly pick it up. Never been serviced. I keep thinking do I need to oil it somewhere :)

Jessi Cotterill said...

That looks so cool!! And nice to see Ms.Callie again.

Anonymous said...

What a great fan. I can tell Callie loves it, too! I used to have a chopping block almost like yours when we lived on the farm. I used it in my store for years, too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jessi and Judy, thanks for visiting.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I think Miss Callie knows where the cool retreat is!